The app open all the tabs automatically on startup. What is the problem?
This is because you set “Bookmaks” as the “Startup Options”. Please go to Settings and change “Startup Options” to “Last Session”.
Opened tabs disappear when the app is launched again.
This is because “Private Browsing” mode is enabled. Please disable “Private Browsing” to prevent the app to close the tabs for you automatically.
Add bookmark on iPhone
You can add bookmark by pressing the “Star” button on the left side of URL input field.
Go to home page on iPhone
Open bookmark manager and press the “Home” button on the top left corner. You can set home page by pressing “Set Home” button on Action panel.
Save and auto fill password
When you tap the username input field on a web page, you can find two buttons “Save” and “Fill” on the top bar of the keyboard. After you input the username and password for the first time, you can press button “Save” to save your input. When you come to same page next time, you can tap the username field to bring up the keyboard and then tap “Fill” button to let the app fill the username and password for you. This feature actually not only works for username and password, but also works any form on web page.
How to transfer files to desktop computer?
You can transfer files stored in the app via iTunes File Sharing or Wi-Fi Transfer.
For iTunes File Sharing, please visit the following URL for detail instructions:
For Wi-Fi Transfer, please tap the “Wi-Fi” button in the app to start Wi-Fi sharing service, and then follow the instructions in the page:
How to import Bookmark from desktop browser?
You can do it with the following steps:
1. Export bookmarks from desktop browser to a bookmark file.
IE: follow the instructions: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/211089
Safari: Open Menu “File” -> “Export Bookmarks” and click “Save” button to save the bookmark file.
Firefox: Click on the “Bookmarks” menu and select “Manage Bookmarks…”. In case of Firefox 3.6.2 select “Organize Bookmarks…”. Click on the “File” menu and select “Export” in the window that pops up. In case of Firefox 3.6.2, click on “Import and Backup.” Select “Export HTML.” and save the file.
2. Transfer the bookmark file into the root folder of the app via iTunes file sharing.
Connect the device with your desktop computer and launch iTunes. Select your device in iTunes and go to tab “Apps”. Select “Mercury” in “File Sharing” section and click “Add…” button then select the bookmark file.
3. Launch app
For iPhone: tap “Settings” button on toolbar and go to “Settings” tab. Then go to “Bookmark Options” -> “Import Bookmarks” -> “File” and select the bookmark file. Tap “Import” button.
For iPad: tap “Action” button and select “Settings”, go to “Functions” -> “Import Bookmarks” -> “File” and select the bookmark file. Tap “Import” button.
The bookmarks will be imported into “Imported Bookmarks” folder in bookmark manager.
4. Go to bookmark manager to move the bookmarks out of “Imported Bookmarks”
Can I set Mercury as default web browser?
iOS does not provide the option to customize default web browser. At this moment, you can install “Mercury Bookmarklet” into Safari to open links with Mercury from Safari. Please follow the steps to install “Mercury Bookmarklet” into Safari:
1. Launch Mercury
2. Go to settings screen
3. For iPhone, tap “Bookmark Options” and then tap “Install Mercury Bookmarklet” and follow the instructions. For iPad, tap “Functions” on left panel and then tap “Install Mercury Bookmarklet” and follow the instructions.
How to add Read It Later Bookmarklet into Mercury?
1. Open “Read It Later Free” or “Read It Later Pro” app
2. Select “Add” from the main menu
3. Select “Mobile Safari” from the add screen
4. Select “Install the Read It Later Bookmarklet”
5. After Mobile Safari has been launched, press home button and then tap Mercury app to launch Mercury Browser
6. Open bookmark manager screen, tap “New Bookmark” button
7. Input “Read It Later” into title field, tap-and-hold on URL field and tap Paste
8. Tap “Save” button to save the bookmark